Organizational Change Management
Engaging the Organization to Deliver Sustainable Change
Change is not easy, yet it is a key component for organizations to stay competitive in an ever-changing and more complex business environment. Companies habitually invest millions in IT projects that never meet their ROI targets because stakeholders are not properly engaged in the process.
Organizational Change Management is often perceived as an application of “softer” skills. It is seen as intangible and hard to quantify in order to measure the value delivered. This is further accentuated by the fact that companies struggle to deliver large-scale change initiatives, and to achieve expected results.
How We Are Different:
- We pride ourselves in taking a pragmatic and practical approach to delivering change. Components of Change Management can be expected to be part of most Boxley Group engagements to plan for sustainability of any improvements or optimizations made, rather than as an afterthought.
- Our approach is to manage change as an integral part of any project, but at the same time right-sizing the approach rather than a one-size-fits-all. We avoid “change-for-change sake” by identifying high value change candidates that can easily be turned into quick wins, and making sure that any changes are aligned with the strategic direction of the organization.
- We deliver our change management methodology using consultants with strong industry-specific knowledge that are able to “Bridge the Gaps” across strategy, operations, commercial and technology functions.
How We Do It:
- Sponsorship shaping
- Stakeholder analysis and barrier determination
- Communication and business engagement strategy
- Organizational capability assessments
- Training development and execution
- People, process and technology readiness assessment